Sunday, November 21, 2010

Family & home

Today, Theodor visited his uncle, aunt and cousins for the first time in their home. He was wearing his first pair of real pants and he looked so sweet in them. Every small detail of their living room was interesting, the most exciting corner being the fireplace. Another premiere was relaxing in Patricia's lap: he loved looking at her face and studying her long hair. The visit however had to finish abruptly because he was so tired that his eyes had turned red. But so much excitement was around him that he couldn't fall asleep. We were served a very good cheese cake baked by Janne after a slovakian recipe - Theo will enjoy it in his milk later on.

When we came home it was already dark outside, but I had left the window lights on. I love this time of the year, when it is cold and grey outside and it gets dark earlier. Our home is lit by many small lamps/candles making the atmosphere look so cozy and homely. I get such a warm feeling inside coming to our home and this feeling is a lot stronger this year, because of the cute baby cuddled in my arms. I feel so blessed, like I haven't felt all my life. Somehow, having a child does put things in a new perspective and my life has found a completely new meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment