Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A very good day

Today I feel very good about myself. I feel genuinely happy and fulfilled, like I haven't in a long time. And for that I owe thanks to my little son, my bundle of joy. We've had a very nice time together. He is very sociable - we talk, I help him play with his toys, he gets excited and screams with delight. The latest thing that he really likes is when I kiss soundly his belly or his feet. He can't seem to get enough of that. It makes me laugh every time and it fills my heart with joy and overwhelming love. Another thing we enjoy doing together is to dance. We do that up in his room, while listening to the radio station "Lugna Favoriter", which plays new but mostly old, slow music. We dance slowly cheek to cheek and I turn around in order for him to get a panorama view of his room.We usually do this before he is going to take a nap. It apparently gives him the intimacy he needs to calm down, relax and sleep. So, after two songs on the radio, we go to the bed, where Fredriksson, the teddy bear, is already waiting impatiently. In goes the pacifier, I lay him on the side, he hugs the bear close to him and falls asleep. Today he even assisted me in the kitchen while I baked some ciabatta bread and made some fresh cannelloni for dinner. He was in his high chair observing what I was doing and also playing with his beloved octopus, Captain Calamari. So, when Stefan came home today at 8 pm, fresh bread was cooling down on the counter, dinner was ready, the house was neat and clean and Theodor had just fallen asleep - which allowed us to have a relaxed and quiet dinner. Now I can hear my husband talking to our little son and Theodor replying with screams of joy and I can't help smiling. He woke up just about when we had finished dinner. I feel like the perfect housewife and that oddly enough makes me deeply happy. I wish every day was like today for the rest of my life!  

No comments:

Post a Comment